Saturday, June 1, 2013

Field Trip!

Killin' it. Yesterday started our planned/field trip/back to middle school weekend. Which is fine, because the places we went were pretty cool and I probably wouldn't have found them if I was just tooling around by myself.


Yesterday we went to this little town called Foroglio tucked back into the Alps. It was beautiful. This tiny (tiny as in it was the size of Safeway or smaller) little stone village sat at the base of this waterfall coming down from the Alps. There were a lot of little waterfalls just kind of seeping through the mountains. Pretty cool. From the village we hiked up to the top of the waterfall to another village that nobody really lives anymore and hiked back behind that. There were Swiss cows, they were chill. It was beautiful and looking at the snow at the top of the mountains just made me want to go skiing the whole time. And the water! The water was like super blue, like bluer than a chlorine pool. Like a mystical forest river stream thing? Ya. We were going to go swimming in it but on the way back down it got a little chilly and decided that would be a bad idea. It was amazing, I would live there forever, just out alone in the Alps with some cows for company.
     
In front of the waterfall, like a boss


Another smaller town farther back in the mountains  


And today we went to the RADAR station on Mt. Lema. Which was pretty cool, I mean I'm not a weather geek like most of them so I wasn't as jazzed about it, but it was interesting. But the view from the top was AMAZING! You could see all the lakes and all the little towns scattered around this region. And the border of Italy and Switzerland was up there so we could be in two countries at once, which is legit. Two legit to quit. Yep. We almost missed our Gondola on the way down, which would have sucked because we would have just been leaving the mountain and it takes a while to get back and we would have missed the big concert party in the piazza tonight. Some famous Italian singer guy, can't remember his name. And that's that.
O! and for you people I figured out how to use my high tech ipad a little more and I can get snapchat on it! My name is koepkem if you want to snap me. That'd be cool :)

    
At the top of Mt. Lema   


1 comment:

  1. Think my parents would like this blog thing. They and 2 friend couples are on this 2 week Viking Danube river cruise and go north of Budapest. But our family uses the "kix" app to comm.

    ReplyDelete