Thursday, June 6, 2013

Party Hardy


Word of caution, its 2 in the morning here so I don't know how much of this is going to make sense, but I kind of dropped the ball on this blogging thing for the past few days and I'm leaving for the weekend so I'll sacrifice 30 minutes to recap the last few days.
And honestly I don't even remember what day I left off on, Monday I believe?
Anyway, nothing too exciting happened, just regular school days and partying all night long and getting up and doing it all over again. Livin' the dream. It's fun though. I don't know how, but some guys in the group got this local bar (Bar City) to LOVE us, and it's been pretty great because we can go in there an order drinks and get free food. Or go in and spend 8 francs for a meal (appetizers, main course, dessert and snacks) and a drink. Which is a really great deal. The owner and the waitresses that work there are adorable and hysterical. We've set up a party there for our last night here in Locarno as a "going away" type deal. It'll be great!
Yesterday we went to the Madonna del Sasso which is a church at the top of a hill in Locarno. It used to be a pilgrimage goal for some back in the day where they would pray at each step, or each station? I can't remember exactly. But it sits on this hill and the path walking up to it there are the different stations of the cross all built in different materials to more fully represent the meaning of the scene being portrayed. Then when they made their way to the top they placed jewelry on the statue of the Virgin Mary which is in the chapel. I think it was some sort of offering, but I don't quite remember. It was hot, and I was extremely tired by the time we went on this hike to the church, so I wasn't too jazzed about going up there. But it was beautiful! Wow. The view was nice for sure, but nothing I haven't seen already since I've been here, but inside was gorgeous. It wasn't like your typical Notre Dame styled church and the walls and ceiling was pretty busy and kind of overwhelming too look at, but very pretty.
And today all we had was our Italian class so we had a good majority of the day to do whatever. We went to Bar City for Mimosas and lunch and then headed to a town south of Locarno called Lugano. Lugano seems to have three things: lots of expensive shopping, really cool hiking, and the lake. Since we didn't leave early enough to do any hiking and nobody really would have wanted to anyway, the plan was to go and walk around and go to a free club later that night. A few of us rented a boat for an hour and took it out on the lake (which was much better than shopping for things that there is no way in any of my life times I could afford). Amazing. Other than the fact that the boat was so slow that it barely created a wake, definitely worth it. At one point in the lake there was the border of Italy and Switzerland (which we weren't allowed to cross). Before we went to the club we went searching for a bar with wifi (wifi is the key when searching for a bar for all those cool kids with their smart phones and what not). And we found one called Fashion Cafe  where once again the people there adored us just like at Bar City. They gave us free snacks and then made an extra vodka and red bull drink that we had to play a game in order for one of us to win it. Then they also gave us free tequila shots and took one with us. The guys also brought their own Red Bull vodka which they let us drink there. And I made a Red Bull can tower which is probably the greatest architectural feat of the entire trip so far. The club was a bust, music didn't start till midnight which was when the last train was leaving back to Locarno. So now we're here and I should really get some sleep since I'm getting up in 5 hours. Headed off to Zurich and Lucerne for the weekend!
O and I guess it was my sister's last day of school today. Congrats little Sofia :) made it through freshman year! Love you missy <3
Red Bull Magic Tower


Hello Italy
Cat in the Hat adventure time

No comments:

Post a Comment